4/07/2013

SUPERDELICIOUS Protein Apple Pie :)

Again, proteinpow.com was the source of inspiration :) I was looking for some delicious pie recipe, found THIS ONE but then realized, that hey, I really want to do an apple pie. So I did the crust from Proteinpow's Blackberry Protein Fluff Pie (which I definitely need to try sometimes!) recipe (although I changed it a bit) and then - the filling - I just mixed some stuff from my fridge and I'm telling you, it was the best combination ever!!! And I'm going to share it with you now :)

PROTEIN APPLE PIE


The crust:
100 g buckwheat flakes
18 g coconut oil
4 eggwhites
4 tbsp coconut milk
approx 20 drops of English Toffee liquid stevia

I blended these ingredients together, put it into a pie mold and baked in 160 degrees Celcius for 15 mins. 

Meanwhile I prepared the filling:
100 g ricotta cheese
50 g Fage Total 0% Greek yogurt
1 tsp erythritol
I mixed these with a spoon in a bowl and then added coconut milk until the consistency was nice (12 tbsp).
Then I chopped 1/3 of Cinnamon Roll Questbar & 1/3 of Apple Pie Questbar and threw it in :)
Chopped Questbars and sliced apple

First I placed 1,5 dl of unsweetened apple puree on top of the crust and then the actual yummy-filling. I sliced one Ida Red apple on the top of the pie and finally, some organic ground cinnamon and hazelnut... Omnomnom :) I baked it in 160 degrees Celcius for approx 30 mins. 


I accidentally (I SWEAR, it WAS an accident!!! :D) licked my finger while doing the crust and OH MY GOD it was a heaven on earth!!!!! When I'm done with this diet I'm going to do that crust and eat it without baking, it was just perfect, I almost collapsed... :D When I baked it, it went very hard but after being in the fridge for a while the pie was pretty close to perfection. The filling was a huge success, I wouldn't change anything (my boyfriend praised it so much!). Well maybe, if I wanted a lighter edition, I could place the ricotta with some unflavored fat-free cream cheese... And using almond milk instead of the coconut milk might also work. I have to try it, maybe next week ;)... This apple pie served with some protein ice cream and/or protein fluff (Proteinpow's intelligent innovation) would totally blow my mind. And body. Looking forward to it ;)



xoxo,
Henna

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti