4/04/2013

Delicious & healthy dietfood

A few tips how to make good, healthy and quick meals :) I'm not a good chef but lately I've started to use vegetables and spices a lot more and I enjoy my meals more than ever. And I'm on a diet! I don't usually have a lot of time to cook so mealplanning is very important, even when I'm not on a diet. I always carry my own meals with me, I've done that for years so it's "the normal way" for me.

When it comes to making omelettes and pancakes, I suck. I have no idea how to flip them properly. Usually I do just scrambled eggs with chicken/fish/turkey and vegetables.Yesterday I made a move and stopped trying. I just cooked my omelette without flipping and OMG - it was so good. I don't know why I've been so obsessed with that flipping thing :D

My breakfast from yesterday :)

3 eggwhites, 50 g tuna and some vegetables and spices made 1 big and 1 small omelette :)
Evening meal - mmmm it was gooood :)
 I like to use a lot of vegetables in my omelettes. Onions, tomatoes, broccoli, pepper, garlic, ANYTHING! Omelette is a quick option and you get a lots of protein from it :) Usually I like to use one yolk, too but now I can't. I cook omelettes in the oven, too. Here's some examples.


Today I had a very busy morning so I did my breakfast yesterday. These egg muffins included 3 eggwhites, 50 g of tuna, 20 g of buckwheat flakes, broccoli, tomato, onion, garlic and some spices.

This is soooo good! Just mix the ingredients, put into the tray and bake in the oven. Right now I use 3 eggwhites and 50 g of chicken, turkey, shrimps or tuna per portion (plus lots of vegetables). You can do this or the muffins in bulk, so there you have a quick and tasty snack when you're busy and don't have time to cook.

Usually I cook a lot of chicken or meat at once, put it in portions and freeze some of it. That way I don't have to use so much time for cooking everyday.

1 kg of chicken cooked with a little bit of sriracha sauce, sundried tomatoes (in salt, NOT in oil!), garlic, onion, spices (Herbamare, onion powder, paprika powder, garlic powder and basil) and mung beans.

I eat this chicken with salad, put it in omelettes, tomato-based light sauces, woks...


Lunch from yesterday: fresh salad, one sundried tomato, chicken, dash of balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp of walnut oil.
 Today I did some extraordinary delicious foooood!!! :) And it was quick&easy&healthy.


I haven't eaten pasta for a while, I've replaced it with quinoa, couscous and rice. I think avoiding glutein is a good option but I'm not going to change for totally glutein-free food. A little organic wholegrain pasta every now and then is OK for me (and the crisp bread, mmm...) :) So, I ate my chicken-tomato sauce with 20 grams of pasta. I'll give you the recipe for this sauce 'cause I think it was a success ;)

CHICKEN-TOMATO SAUCE
(1 serving)


100 g chicken
~200 g organic tomato sauce (in a can)
~50 g mushroom (in a can, going to try with fresh ones...)
sundried tomato (in salt)
1 organic onion
3 cloves of organic garlic
a small handful of mungbeans
spices: Herbamare, smoked paprika, ground nutmeg, parsley, ground turmeric

Sauté the onion and garlic on a pan, add everything else and that's it :D I covered it for a while and stirred every now and then. When the food was on my plate, I grated some walnut on top of it. Mmmm... So good :)


Just a moment ago I ate a pretty similar meal without pasta, added in some capsicum and broccoli... Yummyyy :)

Tastes as good without pasta :)

So I think that's about it for now. I've done some baking and raw chocolate lately, so more posts are coming soon :) I also got some new protein powders from Fitnessguru today and some other stuff that I'm going to introduce. Soooo much recipes that I'm goin to try with those new proteins... :)

xoxo,
Henna

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti