4/05/2013

Rocky Road Protein Muffins

I've had this obsession for making some kind of rocky road protein muffins or brownies for a while now. When I saw Anna's recipe (click HERE for the recipe) on proteinpow.com I had to try it! I had to change it a bit 'cause I just can't find any pumpkin puree 'cause it's not that familiar in Finland... and yes, I did some other changes, too. But here's my version of the muffins :)


ROCKY ROAD PROTEIN MUFFINS

0,5 dl unsweetened apple puree
1 small Royal Gala apple
1,25 dl Fage Total 0% Greek yogurt
1,25 dl chocolate + mint chocolate whey (about half and half...)
5 egg whites
1/2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tbsp Clipper organic drinking chocolate
 0,3 dl wheatbran
15 g cocoa nibs
30 g gojiberries
1 small piece of liquorice & 1 small marshmallow per muffin

Blend the first nine ingredients well, the batter is pretty fluid. Then add the cocoa nibs and goji berries. Slice one piece of liquorice into small pieces, put that and one small marshmallow in a baking cup with the batter. I got twelve muffins in all. I used organic liquorice. I know that the marshmallow isn't any good for you, but hey - 12 small pieces of marshmallow weighted 5 grams. So it's like nothing.


 I'm telling you - these were a huuuge success!!! My boyfriend totally loved these! I put some of it into the freezer so that I could taste it myself next week :) I got some Rocky Road Whey Protein Isolate from Fitnessguru just yesterday, it means that I have to do some more Rocky Road muffins ;) But in the meanwhile, I'll do some protein apple pie with some Fitnessguru caseins that I also received yesterday. Yummyyy!

xoxo,
Henna



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti